Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Jubilicious weekend!

Wasn't the Jubilee weekend brilliant?! I was quite indifferent about the whole thing a couple of weeks ago, and kept forgetting it was even happening until I got back from the South of France last Thursday. It really did exceed all my expectations from the Flotilla on Sunday to the fly past yesterday afternoon. I think the whole thing showed off London at its best, even if it was raining; in fact I think the rain could even be said to have enhanced the celebrations as it was 'typically British' (although I was watching from the comfort of my sofa, perhaps I would have thought differently if I'd been out there on the streets of London!).

Now being a typical girl, one of my favourite things was checking out what everyone would wear. Which designers would Kate choose? Would Beatrice and Eugene look like the ugly sisters again, as they had at the Royal Wedding last year? And of course, what would the Queen herself be wearing? I even got up early yesterday morning, with a friend who was staying with us, to check out the choice of attire worn by the congregation arriving at St Pauls for the service.

So these are my favourite outfits from the whole weekend...


1. Duchess of Cambridge wearing a dress by Alexander McQueen and a hat by Jane Taylor to the service at St Pauls on Tuesday.

 

This was by far my favourite outfit from the whole weekend, and surprise surprise it was worn by the Duchess of Cambridge. I didn't like the shoes, however, as she has worn these so many times (including on Sunday - see below) and I thought she might have pulled out something special this weekend. Still, this dress is beautiful and I want it!

Image from Instyle.


2. Duchess of Cambridge wearing Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen at the river pageant on Sunday.

 

Some people (well, journalists) said Kate shouldn't have worn such a bright colour during the jubilee celebrations as it took attention away from the Queen, which I think is absolute rubbish. No one was going to take anything away from the Queen this weekend; it was her weekend. Kate looked fab, the Queen looked fab, and so did the Princes.

Image from the Daily Mail website.


3. The Queen wearing a coat dress by Angela Kelly to the service at St Pauls on Tuesday.


This was my favourite outfit the queen wore all weekend, I especially loved the bit of bling she had going on! She looked a lot happier than she did the night before at the concert too, I think she looked exhausted when she finally took her seat on Monday evening. Glad to see her looking much better on the last day of the celebrations!


Image from the Daily Mail website.


4. Sophie Winkleman at the service at St Pauls.


I love this whole ensemble that Sophie Winkleman (or Lady Frederick Windsor) wore, although I can't find who the designer is anywhere!

Image from Hello website.


5. Sir Elton John at the Jubilee concert on Monday evening.


I had to put this one in as I love Elton, and how could we possibly forget this jacket?!


Image from the Guardian website.



Do you agree with my choices, or was there someone else who caught your eye? One of the men perhaps?!

Hope you all had an amazing long weekend...only two more working days to go until the next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment