Tuesday 26 June 2012

14 days to go: packing, cocktails and emotional farewells

That's 14 days until we leave the UK; there are only six days until we move out of our flat and leave London. The boxes for the shipping container left this morning - I really hope we see them again in Sydney, and with no breakages would be even better!





We treated ourselves last night to a bottle of champagne as we had finally finished packing the boxes and the sun was out! It's evenings like this I will miss about London and our flat - sitting in the lovely garden with a drink as the sun goes down.



('scuse the lack of make up!)

We've also been doing more rounds of saying farewell to people. I've been out with friends quite a bit recently and it was my last proper girls' night last week - lots of cocktails, yummy food and a bit of dancing in Camden which was perfect.





The Mr and I also had a leaving party for our London friends last weekend, which was pretty emotional but great fun. I knew saying goodbye to our friends would be difficult but didn't realise it would be quite so traumatic. This has made us realise how much our friends mean to us, and the big part they have played in our lives over the seven years we've been together.

The calm before the storm...






So now we just have our last few days in London to look forward to, including more dinners, drinks and golf (for Steve; I will hopefully be in the spa with my friend and her mum!).



No comments:

Post a Comment