Thursday 19 April 2012

And off I go...!

Hello and welcome to my blog. I have decided to start writing as I prepare to move to Sydney, Australia with my husband in the next couple of months. I have been lucky enough to be able to give up my job and concentrate on the move, and at the moment I have some spare time, although I am sure this is just the calm before the storm! I found a lack of current blogs for people like me who were looking to make the move down under, particularly those doing so on a partner visa, so I thought I would blog about my experiences as they happen. As this may be quite boring for those who stumble across my blog and are not looking to move to Australia(!), I will also blog about the things I love on both sides of the world, the things I don't, and anything else in between! When I (finally) arrive in Sydney in the next few months, I will continue writing about how we are settling in and what life is like down under.


I currently live in North London with my husband of three months (our wedding will feature in another blog post), where we have been for nearly five years.


Sunset from our kitchen window in North London


We both love living here and can't imagine residing anywhere else in the UK; there is a reason why it is one of the most expensive areas to live! We are surrounded by brilliant pubs (again, another blog post in due course!), fantastic parks and can get into central London within 15 minutes, so leaving is going to be an enormous wrench.


Our nearest 'park' - Hampstead Heath


But...we are both incredibly excited about how the next couple of years will pan out in Oz.We hope to be living pretty close to this:


Sydney Harbour Bridge from The Rocks


Or this:

Palm Beach (Summer Bay for all you H&A fans!)

Chances are we won't be living in either one of these places, but we can but dream!

Please keep checking back for new posts - I will aim to post at least once a day!




1 comment: